31 January 2010

02.03.10 Deliverable #3

With the color schemes I chose, I could not tell the difference between the stretched and classified symbology methods on the actual maps as I was working in ArcMap. Accessing the properties box did show me that the stretched method is based on standard deviation while the classified method breaks the data into classes based on natural breaks. Once I posted the maps side by side, I was able to see differences. On the maps with the green to white color plate, the classified map shows more detail as I was able to manipulate the number of classes to further detail changes in elevation at the upper levels. Once I changed the color scheme to one that used multiple hues instead of levels of saturation, the stretched symbology method presented details better.



























































































No comments: